I posted a picture on Instagram of my ” international” outfit today; my t-shirt from Kyiv, my bra from Mirano, my bag from Barcelona, my pants from Chiang Mai, and the rest is from my original packing from the USA. I felt inspired to do an audit of my wardrobe to see how much of my clothes were part of my original packing list. I actually went back and read my original packing blog from June 2018 and had a good laugh.
Here’s my current wardrobe — I’ll do the same for the boys over the next few days. It’s so funny to learn what you can live without and I wonder if we will want to keep any of our Around The World clothes when we return to the US.
- 5 T-shirts; 3 are from the original packing and 2 are new since the trip from Kiyv and Chiang Mai.
- 4 Tank Tops; 2 are from the original packing and 2 of which are souvenirs from Amsterdam and Chiang Mai
- 8 Running Tanks; 6 are from the original packing and 2 are new since the trip.
- 8 Sport Bras; all are from the original packing
- 3 Long Sleeve shirts; all are new since the trip from Barcelona and Chiang Mai.
- 4 Sweat Shirts; all are new since the trip and I picked them up in Amsterdam. It was freezing in Amsterdam.
The majority of my pants are new since the trip. My original packing included pants from before I lost 30-pounds, I’ve changed out my pants along the way to a smaller size. I’ve donated pants along the trip as I’ve found new ones to add to my wardrobe. Most recently, for my birthday, I replaced my last few pair of Nike running pants to a smaller size!
- 4 Shorts; 2 are from my original packing and 2 are new running shorts I picked up in Chiang Mai because it is SO HOT.
- 5 Pants; 2 are new since the trip and 3 are flowy sourzvnior pants from Tanzania and Chiang Mai.
- 2 Long Nike Leggings; both are new since the trip.
- 6 Capri Nike Leggings; all are new since the trip.
- 1 Jeans; also new since the trip from Amsterdam.
Dresses & Tops
I’ve actually shipped dresses and tops back to the US from my original packing because I just didn’t wear them.
- 2 Short Dresses; 1 from my original packing and 1 from London.
- 2 Long Dresses; both new from Tanzania.
- 2 Button Downs; both from my original packing.
- 1 scarf; from my original packing.
PJs, Unmentionables, & Swim
Funny enough, all of my PJs, my swimsuit, and the majorities of my unmentionables are from my original packing.
- 4 PJ Tops
- 1 PJ Bottom
- 1 PJ Set
- 1 Cozy Sweater
- 6 Bras; 2 are new from Italy.
- 15 Panties
- 8 Socks
- 1 Swimsuit and Cover Up
This is a funny one — I have shipped back 4 pairs of shoes to the US. I currently only have 3 pairs of shoes; my Asics, my Airbrds, and my Crocs.
- Sunglass; I have one pair of sunglasses, which I started the trip with. I actually mailed my fancy Tory Burch sunglasses back to the US.
- Bag; I have one purse/bag that I picked up in Barcelona. The original bag I brought with me had a very narrow strap and was super painful to carry for a long period of time. I actually left it in London and started caring my Camelbak backpack everywhere, until Jim finally told me I needed to pick up new bag that didn’t scream “tourist.”
- NorthFace Jacket: I have one lightweight rain coat, which I started the trip with.